If you want to surprise your loved ones, than our proposal for today is Eggs Benedict with black summer truffle on top.
Special breakfast for your special people :)
8 large whole eggs
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
8 slices of smoked bacon, halved crosswise
5 ounces baby arugula
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
4 English muffins, split and toasted
Slices of Black Summer Truffles
1. In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, whisk the 4 egg yolks with the wine and a pinch of salt until doubled in volume and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Gradually add the melted butter, whisking constantly, until a thick, creamy sauce forms, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the lemon juice and Tabasco and season the hollandaise with salt. Keep the hollandaise sauce warm, whisking occasionally.
2. In a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp, 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat in the skillet. Add the arugula, toss quickly in the hot oil and transfer to a plate; season with salt.
3. Bring a large, deep skillet of water to a simmer over moderate heat and add the vinegar. One at a time, break the eggs into a small bowl and pour them into the simmering water, leaving plenty of space between them. Poach the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer the eggs to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Arrange the toasted English muffin halves on plates and top with the bacon, poached eggs, arugula and hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately.
5. The final step are the black summer truffles. Just shave it on the top and enjoy in their taste and aroma.