The scientific name of White Truffle is Tuber Magnatum, namely “tycoons”.
- It has an un-confoundable and unique strong scent. The white truffle has an irregular shape, its size is generally large, at around 200-400 grams. Exceptionally even higher than 1 kg. One of the largest fresh truffles.
- You can find it from late summer until early winter.
- Peridium: smooth, pale yellow, sometimes with a greenish or yellow-ocher hue.
- Glebe: yellowish, with a hazel or brown hue, sometimes with red specks, crossed by a dense network of very thin white veins.
- Shape: can be roundish or even very lobed, or definitely mashed, depending on the type of soil in which the truffle has raised.
- Dimensions: this specie is very variable in size, with specimens that can reach several hectograms, and even exceed 1kg.
- Availability: from September to December.